Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Mughlai Paratha - Kolkata Resturent Style
Last week when I made Dum aloo I thought to make something new to serve with it & made "Moglai Parota" , one of my favouriote food in Kolkata . This is some kind of stuffed paratha which normally served with dum aloo , salad & some sauces . Whenever I go to Kolkata , I make sure I eat them atleast 5 times . My mom always tell my brother to bring it at home often . But still I miss them here. So last week i thought instead of missing them I will try to make them at home . I made them & it was like resturent type .
So here is the recipe :
Ingredients for dum aloo :-
1. 3-4 Big potatoes .
2. 3 medium red onion .
3. 4 green chilles .
4. 2 Tomatoes pureed .
5. 3 tsp ginger-garlic paste .
6. 1-2 tsp red chilli powder
7. 1 tsp garam masala .
8. 1 tsp turmeric .
9. 1 tsp coriender powder .
10. salt to taste
11. 3 tsp Oil
12. 1/2c water
13. handful Coriender leaf
14. 1 tsp sugar ( optional )
1. Clean & cut the potato in half .Now pressure cook the potato pieces with some salt . Make sure that the potatoes are not over cooked .
2. Peel the potatoes & keep aside .
3. In a heavy bottom vessel add oil . When oil become hot add the sugar .
Now add onion & Saute until onions gets soft.Add ginger-garlic paste & fry till raw smell goes .
4. Now add the tomato puree , turmeric powder , chilli powder . Fry in slow heat with occassional Stir to avoid from sticking to the bottom .
5. when oil start leaving add the potatoes . fry for another 5 min .
6. Now add salt & 1/2 cup water . Bring it to boil .
7. Once the gravy remove from heat . Garnish with some fresh chopped coriender & keep aside .
Ingredients for moglai paratha :-
1. 1 1/2 cups white refined flour .
2. 2 medium size onion chopped finely
3. 2-3 green chilli slit .
4. 2 tsps ghee for kneading .
6. 1 tsp salt .
7. 3 egg .
8. 4 tsp breadcrumb .
9. 1/2 cup dum aloo .
10. Oil for frying .
1. In a bowl take the egg & add salt in it .
2. In a separate bowl take some dum aloo sabji , smash it properly with a smasher & add the bread crumb , mix onion , green chilli with it .
3. Now sieve the flour and salt together . Now mix the ghee with the flour & knead well until the dough becomes soft and pliable.
4. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for two hours.
5. Make small balls and roll them into 12" dia .
6. Pour the egg mixture in the central part of that & spread the mixture in the central part in a square shape.
7. Now place a part of the sabji mixture & spread that in the central part in a square shape.
8. Now fold the sides of the round chapatti in a square shape (from the four corners) that the batter inside is fully covered.
9. Wet your finger with water and press the corners and edges of the paratha with little pressure to ensure the folds will not open while frying.
10 Now in a frying pan add some oil .
11.Once the oil is hot place the paratha & fry from both the sides till crispy & golden brown . Remove it from the pan & serve hot with some dum aloo , salad & tomato sauce .