Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Weekend Breakfast Chole Bhature

Photobucket

This weekend the weather was nice .. Not that much hot . Normally june to august is the hottest seasons over here .After that weather starts changing & weather becomes nice & cold . But yesterday it was little cold & hazzy weather . I normally make something special for breakfast every weekend insted of cake / bread , milk- cornflakes . & this time when my dear hubby wanted to have chole - bhature I thought why not make as per his request .

So here is the recipe :-



Photobucket

Ingredients :-

1. 5 cups white refined flour .
2. 1 cup yogurt .
3. 1 tsp salt .
4. 2 tsps ghee for kneading & extra for frying bhatures .
5. 1 tsps sugar .
6. 1/2 tsp yeast .
7. Water.

Method :-

1. Mix the yeast with half a cup of luke warm water and keep aside for ten minutes.
2. Now sieve the flour and salt together .
3. Mix the ghee and the sugar with the flour.
4. Add the yogurt and dissolved yeast .
5. Add little more luke warm if necessary.
6. Knead well until the dough becomes soft and pliable.
7. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for two hours.
8. Heat the ghee in a kadai .
9. Make small balls and roll them , spread a little with your palms to make it bit elongated ( tear shaped) and fry in hot ghee until golden brown.
10.Served these bhature with some spicy chole .


They came out very nice & tasty . I am sending this recipe to dear Divya , who is hosting the event called "Show me your Breakfast!" .

20 comments:

Hari Chandana said...

looks spicy and delicious.. very tempting snaps dear... awesome job!!

Padma said...

One of my fav combo Dolon.. looks yummy and nice entry :)

Nithya said...

I just love this dish a lot. I can afford to have it everyday too.. Your looks absolutely tempting. :)

Vibaas said...

wow! what a yummy breakfast! :)

Soma said...

What a luxurious breakfast. It 's been ages since i made bhature at home! Lovely.

Pooja said...

Looks so delicious n perfect :)

ARUNA said...

bhatura looks so fluffy and tempting!!!!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Wow - lovely chole bhature...

RAKS KITCHEN said...

This is a combo I wud die for,looks so very nice:)

Gita said...

Nice pictures...this my favorite weekend dinner...a true comfort food :)

Kitchen Flavours said...

Oh wow...delectable combo......feeling hungry.....

Vani said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog, Dolon! Love your name! The chhole bature look good. You have cake for breakfast? Nice! :)

Sharmila said...

I like your not using any onion paste in the chole. This is an all time favoutrite Dolon! :-)

Doloncookbook said...

@ Hari Chandana : Thanks dear for these nice words ...

@ Padma : Thanks dear .

@ Nithya : Yes me too . I love this food ..

@ Vibas , pooja , Aruna , Home Cooked Oriya Food , Gita , Raks Kitchen & Kitchen flavours: Thanks for all the lovely comments from you all .

@ Soma : I love this food so i make sometimes . But that day I made this only for my dear hubby's request ....

@ Vani : Thanks for visiting . Hope to see you again . We have tea cakes at breakfast , not those cream cakes daer ....

@ Sharmila : No I don't use onion paste & garlic paste most of the time . I don't like them . Thanks for liking .....
@ :

Priti said...

Wow you made so much for b'fast :)...lucky your near ones :)..bhatura looks so gud...just perfect

Pinky said...

Aamar priyo akta dish...looks yum...ekhhuni khete echhe korche......:P

Parita said...

Thats a perfect breakfast for a relaxing weekend!i can have this anytime:)

kittymatti said...

wow.. Im drooling here

Divya Vikram said...

That is a really yummy filling breakfast! Thanks for sending it to Show Me Your Breakfast Event!

EC said...

Wow..this is my favourite breakfast..looks so tempting