Saturday, July 11, 2009
Lets Try Kadai Paneer With Some New Idea
Paneer is one of the all time favourite food at our house ( specialy for hubby ). We make various types of dishes with it & alaways tastes great . Last week I made this kadai paneer for dinner . I add some ingredients which normally I don't use in kadai paneer . But it was so good that I thought to stick in this recipe . I added capsicum & onion pieces & made it like how I normally make manchurian . But it was not like manchurian . So I thought to share this recipe with all of you & here is my version of Kadai paneer ....
1. 300 gm paneer cut into small pieces & shallow fried .
2. 2 medium size onion chopped finely & 1 onion chopped into 1" size pieces .
3. 2-3 green chilli slit .
4. 2 medium size tomatoes finely chopped / pureed .
5. 1 tsp ginger paste .
6. 1 tsp gerlic paste .
7. 2 capsicum cut into 1" size pieces .
8. 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder .
9. 1 tsp Turmeric powder .
10.2 tsp red chili powder .
11. 1 tsp garam masala powder .
12. Whole garam masala ( cumin , 1" Cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf ) .
13. Sugar ( optional ).
14. Salt to taste .
15. Oil .
1. Heat oil in a kadai and add the Sugar till caramelized . Now add whole garam masala .
2. Once they start splutter, add the chopped onions and saute till it caramalized.
3. Once onion become soft add the ginger-gerlic paste & saute for 5 min .
4. Once raw smell goes add the tomato pieces/puree and saute well.Now add the red chili powder ,Coriander powder , Turmeric powder & saute for another 2 min .
5. Now add the capsicum , onion pieces & slit green chillies . Fry for 5 min till they become soft (not smashy).
6. Now add salt and 1/2 cup water . Allow it to boil .
7. Now add the fried paneer pieces & cook it till the gravy become thick . At last add the garam masala powder & stair once . Serve hot with roti , paratha or even hot rice .
Note : I used packed paneer . But if you want you can make paneer at home . Home made paneer taste great .