Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lets Try Kadai Paneer With Some New Idea

Photobucket

Paneer is one of the all time favourite food at our house ( specialy for hubby ). We make various types of dishes with it & alaways tastes great . Last week I made this kadai paneer for dinner . I add some ingredients which normally I don't use in kadai paneer . But it was so good that I thought to stick in this recipe . I added capsicum & onion pieces & made it like how I normally make manchurian . But it was not like manchurian . So I thought to share this recipe with all of you & here is my version of Kadai paneer ....



Photobucket

Ingredients :-

1. 300 gm paneer cut into small pieces & shallow fried .
2. 2 medium size onion chopped finely & 1 onion chopped into 1" size pieces .
3. 2-3 green chilli slit .
4. 2 medium size tomatoes finely chopped / pureed .
5. 1 tsp ginger paste .
6. 1 tsp gerlic paste .
7. 2 capsicum cut into 1" size pieces .
8. 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder .
9. 1 tsp Turmeric powder .
10.2 tsp red chili powder .
11. 1 tsp garam masala powder .
12. Whole garam masala ( cumin , 1" Cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf ) .
13. Sugar ( optional ).
14. Salt to taste .
15. Oil .


Method :-

1. Heat oil in a kadai and add the Sugar till caramelized . Now add whole garam masala .

2. Once they start splutter, add the chopped onions and saute till it caramalized.

3. Once onion become soft add the ginger-gerlic paste & saute for 5 min .

4. Once raw smell goes add the tomato pieces/puree and saute well.Now add the red chili powder ,Coriander powder , Turmeric powder & saute for another 2 min .

5. Now add the capsicum , onion pieces & slit green chillies . Fry for 5 min till they become soft (not smashy).

6. Now add salt and 1/2 cup water . Allow it to boil .

7. Now add the fried paneer pieces & cook it till the gravy become thick . At last add the garam masala powder & stair once . Serve hot with roti , paratha or even hot rice .

Note : I used packed paneer . But if you want you can make paneer at home . Home made paneer taste great .


16 comments:

Hari Chandana P said...

Mmmm.. looks sooo delicious and tempting... lovely presentation.. thanks for the recipe!!

Doloncookbook said...

Hari Chandana : Thanks dear for liking ...

Raks said...

Sure its looking delicious!! I hav not yet tried kadai paneer at home,but definitely try this one sometime:)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks delicious dear...

Padma said...

Looks so delicious :)

Pooja said...

Looks awesome! Loved the colour of the dish!

Gita Jaishankar said...

Nice picture...I prepare kadai paneer as a dry curry...this gravy looks simply delicious :)

ashsdelicacies.blogspot.ca said...

Guess wat..i also just posted Kadhai Paneer is my blog..beautiful coincidence na...ur kadai paneer looks lovely...next time will surely try ur version...

Ann said...

OO! thick and Spicy ..looks tasty

Parita said...

Gosh love the color, looks perfect! spicy and mouth watering!

Shama Nagarajan said...

looks yummy

Vikis Kitchen said...

Kadai paneer looks so catchy, just like the one served in high class restaurants. I m drooling:)

Kalaivani said...

Looks so delicious.I love paneer dishes.

Jyoti said...

Paneer is my all time favorite. This looks so tempting! I usually make it dry. This one will be intersting to try.

Usha said...

Very interesting fusion recipe, sounds yum !

foodcreate said...

Fabulously Delicious! I love this dish panneer is so Tasty ...

Thanks for sharing your recipe:)


Welcome~~
http://foodcreate.com
Sign Up for Our Newsletter...
Post your comments..
and if you can visit me I can visit you:)


Have a great Day ~~~