Monday, July 20, 2009
Another Bengali Delicacy - Mutton Chaap
After a long weekend we have started another week , that means another hetrick schedule . We enjoyed this long weekend very much (doing nothing) . I wake up at 11 o'oclok every day & by the time I realise the weekend was over . But I made some delicious recipes over this time .Those will come one by one in each posts . One of them was Mutton Chaap .
This is a traditional bengali recipe , spicy & very delicious .
1. 750 gm Mutton or lamb .
2. 250 gms Onions chopped .
3. 2 -3 tsp ginger-gerlic paste .
4. 1 tsp turmeric powder .
5. 5-6 green chili paste (use as per your taste).
6. 2 tsp rose water .
7. 2 tsp Keora water .
8. 5-6 tsp oil .
9. 200gm char magog paste / poppy seed paste .
10. Salt .
11. Sugar .
12. 2 bay leaf .
Ingredients for masala powder :-
1. 5 green cardamom
2. 5 black cardamom .
3. 3 stick of cinnamon
4. 10-12 black cardamom ,
5. 4 aniseed ,
6. 4 bay leaf,
7. 7-8 cloves ,
8. 1 tsp shahi jeera
9. 4 red chillis
1. In a kadai add the Ingredients of masala powder . Roast them & make a powder in a blender .
2. Clean the mutton & mix salt, green chilli paste , ginger-gerlic paste. Keep it for 2-3 hours.
3. Now heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay-leaves and one teaspoon sugar. When sugar become caramalized add the onions .
4. Fry the onions till soft & raw smell go . Add the marinated mutton. Do not add water.
5. Fry for 10 min till the mutton pieces well coated with the masala .
6. Now add char mogog paste & fry for another 5 min .
7. When oil start leaving the sides of the cooker , close the lead . Steam for 8 minutes.
8. After that open the cooker and add the masala powder , rose water and keora water. Cook for another 5 min . Remove from the heat , cover and let it simmer for another 5 min . Now delicious mutton chaap is ready & serve hot with some roti or naan .