Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Some Aloo Tikki Chat For My Taste Buds .......

Photobucket

Kolkata is famous for its foods & that too for snacks & chats . That can be "Phuchka" , "Jhalmuri" ,"Alu kabli" ,"Moglai" or so on .....
But here in Dubai I don't feel the tastes of the chats like Kolkata . There are few chat corners are here but I don't get them that easily . I don't want to go for 30 min ride to get some good chat . So Last weekend when I was curving for some snacks I thought to make it by myself . At least to give it a try . So I made Aloo Tikka chat & surprisingly it tastes great .

Here is the recipe :




Ingredients for Tikki :-

1. 3 - 4 medium size potatoes
2. 1 onion finely chopped
3. 1 tbsp grated ginger
4. 1 green chilli finely chopped
5. 3 - 4 tbsp bread crumbs
6. 1 - 2 tsp garam masala
7. 1 - 2 tsp jeera powder
8. 1 - 2 tsp red chilli powder
9. Oil for cooking
10. salt as per taste
11. Handful chopped coriander leaves .


Method :-

1. Pressure cook the potatoes and mash them well . Mix all the above ingredients properly , except oil .

2. Now make small balls of the mixture by placing in between your palms, & press it to flatten a bit .

3. Heat a non-sick pan and drizzle some oil. Place the tikki and cook it on medium flame till light brown . Once brown, flip it to cook on the other side. Add some oil if needed.

Photobucket

Ingredients for Chole :-

1. 3 canned chickpea drained & washed properly
2. 3 medium size onion chopped finely
3. 2-3 green chilli chopped finely
4. 2 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
5. 1 tsp ginger paste
6. 1 tsp gerlic paste
7. 2 -3 tsp red chili powder
8. 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder
9. 1 tsp Turmeric powder
10. Whole garam masala ( cumin , cloves ,1" Cinnamon stick, black peppercorns , green cardamom , black cardamom )
11. Oil
12. Salt to taste
13. Sugar ( optional )
14. 1 cup water

Method :-

1. Heat oil in a pan and add the Sugar till caramelized . Now add whole garam masala .

2. Once they start splutter, add the chopped onions, green chillies and saute well.

3. Once onion become soft add the ginger paste & saute for 2 min .

4. Now add the red chili powder ,Coriander powder , Turmeric powder & saute for another 2 min .

5. Once aroma of the spices is released, add the tomato pieces and saute well.

6. Now add the chickpeas , salt and water . Allow it to boil till the gravy become thick .

Now in a plate put the aloo tikkis , add some chole over it . Drizzle of yogurt , tamarind date chutney , chopped cilantro , chopped onion , black salt & enjoy .

I am sending this post to Served With Love who is hosting this month's RCI "Mumbai Street Food" , originally hosted by dear fellower Lakshmi of " Veggie Cuisine " & also sending this to Simple Indian Food for WYF Fried snack event .

21 comments:

Ann said...

Looks so spiced up and yumm

kittymatti said...

yummy! Looks delicious!! Now I have a craving!! Eeeee!

Padma said...

Looks so yummy Dolon...feel like having from that plate :)
same problem with me....I love chaats so much but do not get any good ones :(

eshoboshoaahare.blogspot.in said...

Wow,Yumm chat looks delicious...yaah of course I agree with this that Kolkta is Famous for its foods.....And street foods yumm...Lovely

Parita said...

Gosh pass on that plate to me, m craving for this now :) looks mouth watering!

Pooja said...

Chaats are always on the top my list of favourites! Miss them a lot here. The tikki chaat has turned out delicious! Takes me back to the good old days in India! Guess its high time that I started making it :)

ashsdelicacies.blogspot.ca said...

The chat looks delicious..Just can't wait to have it!

Sindhura said...

First time here!!Aloo tikki looks very tasty and spicy.What a coincidence even i posted street food-Pani puri in my blog.Drop in sometime to my place!!

ARUNA said...

i love this dish a lot!!!!!

Manju said...

you are tempting me with the aloo tikki chat. Its my favourite kind of chat!!!

Gita Jaishankar said...

wow...thats so delicious :)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Looks spicy and yummy - dear!

Poornima Nair said...

I'm drooling over here...would love to have that dish...looks delicious.

Preeti Singh said...

Looks mouthwatering and yummy...

Preety said...

love chats, miss india whenever i see chats on blogs..

lubnakarim06 said...

Yummylicious chat.......

Saritha said...

Chat looks delicious,i miss chat we have in india back.
Your blog layout looks great.
Thanx for commenting on my blog :)

Jyoti said...

Looks mouthwatering!

Nithya said...

yummmm yummmm.. I love this dish.

First time to your blog and its really nice being here. Will peep in often.

Welcome to my blogs too. :)

Unknown said...

Yummy and mouthwatering chat recipe looks so tempting yum.

EC said...

Omg..this is so tempting, would love to have it..thanks for the entry