Sunday, June 14, 2009
Bombay Biriyani & My First Post For Event
Couple of days back when I visited Nags food blog , I came to know that she is hosting Meeta's Monthly Mingle Event : Ravishing Rice . Since this is a new blog & I never send any recipe for any event .I thought to send one recipe for this event . So this weekend I made Bombay Biriyani . Biriyani is all time favourite food at our home & is alaways hit .
& at the meantime I came to know that in Viki's kitchen also one event is going on " The Potluck - Chicken " . So I am sending this recipe to Viki's Kitchen also .
Here is the recipe :-
1. 500-750gms Chicken , small cubes with bones .
2. 500gms Basmati Rice washed & soacked for 30 mins .
3. 3 tsp ginger-gerlic paste .
4. 5 medium onion finely sliced .
5. 3 Medium tomatoes chopped .
6. 3 medium potatoes peeled & halfed
7. 1 cup plain youghut
8. 3 tsp ghee
9. 5 tsp oil
10. 5 tsp biriyani masala ( homemade / Shan / Mehran / any other )
11. Handful coriender leave
12. Handful pudina leave
13. Handful cashew nuts
14. 2 tsp rose water
15. 2 tsp kewra water
16. 4 Green chillis slited
17. Whole garam masala ( cinnamon , green cardamom , black cardamom , aniseed , bay leaf, cloves , shahi jeera ).
19. 4 tsp milk
20. pinch of saffron
21. 3 tsp lemon juice
1. Fry the onions in oil until golden . Keep them separate .
2. Now in a heavy bottom pan add the whole garam masala . Now add the onion & potatoes, fry till golden brown .
3. Add tomatoes & fry till the oil separates .
4. Add meat , ginger , gerlic , youghut & the biriyani masala . Fry for 15min .
5. Now add 2 cups water & cook on low heat until meat is tender . Then increase the heat & stir fry until oil separates from the gravy .
6. Separately in 10 glasses of hot water add whole garam masala & salt . Now add the soak rice . When the rice 3/4 cooked , remove from heat & throughly drain the water .
7. In a cup mix milk & saffron , keep for 30 min .
8. Now in a heavy bottom vessel spread the cooked meat & curry . Put thr rice over it & make layers . In between every layers add fried onion , chopped coriender , chopped pudina , cashew nut , rose water , kewra water , saffron , slited green chilles & lemon juice .
9. Cover the pot with the aluminium foil or with the lid .
10. Let it cook on slow heat for 30min . Remove from the heat & your delicious "Bombay Biriyani" is ready to serve . We had ours with fried Papad , raita & salad .
Note : If you will close the layered pot with lid then place the atta dough around the ild . It helps biriyani to cook properly & make more delicious .
Make the dough as you make for chapati .