Thursday, June 11, 2009
Paneer Stuffed Aloo Dum & Venice Trip ....
No .... Don't think that I am going to Venice or came back from Venice . Last weekend we went to the "Festival City" in Dubai . I really surprised when I saw the canals like Venice & was thinking how romantic it is ...
Dubai is well known for their amazing architectual buildings . but this was really new for me . Here is the picture :
I thought to make something special , since my husband took me some special place to visit . He loves paneer . So I made Paneer paratha , Paneer stuffed Aloo Dum & Some sweet dish .Here is the recipe of Paneer stuffed Aloo dum ......
1. 3-4 Big potatoes .
2. 300gm Paneer
3. 1" piece of ginger
4. 3 medium red onion
5. 5 pod garlic
6. 4 green chilles
7. 2 Tomatoes pureed
8. 1 tsp turmeric
9. 12-15 cashew nuts paste
10.3 tsp youghut
11. 1-2 tsp red chilli powder
12. 1" piece of cinnamon
13. 2 Bay leave
14. 1 tsp garam masala
15. salt to taste
16. 1/2c water
17. 3 tsp Oil
18. handful Coriender leaf
19. 1 tsp sugar ( optional )
1. Clean & cut the potato in half .Now pressure cook the potato pieces with some salt . Make sure that the potatoes are not over cooked .
2. Peel the potatoes & keep aside .
3. Now in a small bowl mix paneer , 1 finely chopped onion , 2 green chillies , finely chopped coriender , salt & 1 tsp garam masala powder .
4. Once potatoes become cool take a spoon & scoop the potatoes carefully to make a hole in the middle of the potato . For this you need patience so that the potatoes don't break otherwise you can't stuff them .
5. Now put the paneer mixture in the scooped potatoes & keep aside .
6. Grind ginger , garlic in a food processor till smooth . Separately grind onion .
7. In a heavy bottom vessel add oil . When oil become hot add the sugar . Now add the cinnamon piece & bay leaves .
8. When the masala crackle add onion & Saute until onions gets soft.Add ginger-garlic paste & fry till raw smell goes .
9. Now add the tomato puree , turmeric powder , chilli powder . Fry in slow heat with occassional Stir to avoid from sticking to the bottom .
10. when oil start leaving add the cashew nut paste & youghut . At this point add salt
11. Now add 1/2 cup water & bring it to boil .
12. Once the gravy become slightly thick add the potatoes carefully so that it won't break . Let it cook for 7-10 min each sides . If needed add some more water . When gravy become thick remove from heat .
13. Garnish with some fresh chopped coriender & serve hot with some paratha or even rice & fresh salad .
Note : Handle the potatoes very carefully when you will place them in the gravy , or else it will break or stuffing will come out .
& when you will scoop the potatoes make sure the outoer wall of the potatoes should be thick enough to hold the stuffing .