Saturday, May 9, 2009
Weekend Fun with Chingri Curry in Coconut Gravy
We live in Dubai , here we have friday - saturday weekend . When whole world is having weekend we have to start our new week . What to do ....
Somehow now we have managed . Before when I was new I really miss those sunday funs .
Weekend menu is alaways special for all . When we were in Kolkata sunday means Pathar mangso jhol ( mutton curry ) & Rice with some fresh salad . Now we bacame conscious about our health , so we normally skip mutton . But I always love Chingri ( Shirmp) . When I was small I don't have those other fish But have chingi . Still I love chingri most . So I thought to make some
Chingri Curry .
1. Chingri / Shirmp : 500 gm
2. Onion : 2 finely chopped
3. Ginger paste : 2 tspn
4. Garlic paste : 1 tspn
5. tomato : 2 finely chopped
6. Salt : As per taste
7. Turmeric Powder : 1 tea spn.
8. Red chilli powder : 1 tspn
9. Poppy seed : 2 tspn
10. Coconut Paste : 3 tspn
11. Oil : 5 tspn
12. Sugar : 1 tea spn ( optional )
13. Green Chilli : 3 pc
14. Water : 1/2 cup
1. First make a paste with poppy seed , coconut paste till smooth .
2. First peel & clean the chingri . Then wash them properly .
3. Put some turmeric powder & salt , rub properly to the shirmp pieces .
4. Put 2tspn oil on a heavy bottom pan & fry the shrimp slighty till the colour changes .
5. Take them out & placed them on a kitchen towel to soak excess oil .
6. Now put rest 3tspn oil in that same pan & add the finely chopped onion & fry them till soft .
7. Add ginger- garlic paste & saute them 2 min .
8. Add chopped tomato & fry for another 4 min .
9. Put turmeric powder , salt & red chilli powder . Fry for 1 -2min . If needed add some water so that it won't stick from the bottom of the pan .
10. Add the fried shirmp ( handle very carefully ) .
11. At this point add the green chilli .
12. Now add the coconut -poppy seed paste & fry for 5 min .
13 . Add 1/2 cup water & put the lid on the pan . Put it on simmer & cook for 15 min .
14. After 15min open the lid . Check the gravy , it shoud be thick .
15 . Serve warm with hot rice or paratha .