Sunday, June 28, 2009
Chicken Tikka Roll For Easy Dinner Idea
Couple of days back I was reading a report that nowdays heart attack can be occur at the age of 22 also . Because of our lifestyle , food habits & stress in our personal & professional life . We indians eat oily & spicy food . So our risk for heart attack is most . So I thought to make something for which I don't need to use more oil & made chicken tikka . Later I thought to use them to make roll for our dinner .
So I made delicious chicken tikka roll .
Here is the recipe .
Ingredients for chicken tikka :-
1. 250 gm boneless chicken pieces cut into 2" chunks .
2. 4 tsp hang curd / yoghurt / dahi .
3. 2 tsp ginger - gerlic paste .
4. 1 tsp roasted cumin powder .
5. 2 tsp Chilly powder .
6. Juice of 1 lemon .
7. 1 tsp Garam masala .
8. 1 tsp coriender powder .
9. 1 tsp Chaat masala .
10. 1 tsp black pepper powder
11. 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder / red food colour ( optional for colour ).
12. Salt to taste .
13. Butter / olive oil .
14. Wooden skewers to hold the chicken pieces .
1. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients except butter .
2. Marinate the chicken pieces for at lest 8 hours in the refrigerator .
3. In a bowl take some water & place the wooden stick for 2 hours .
4. Thread the chicken onto skewers and keep ready .
5. Now preheat the oven or grill to a medium high temperature & grill it for 15 mins each sides . Place the skewers on the grill racks in your oven with a tray underneath to catch drippings.
6. Remove from the microwave . Now roast open in the gas oven till the chicken is browned on all sides and tender.
7. Remove from skewers and put the chicken in a plate.
Ingredients for roll :-
1. 2 cup Whole wheat flour .
2. 1 tsp Olive oil for kneading + 2 tsp for frying .
3. Salt to taste
4. Water .
6. 4 Eggs .
1. In a bowl mix flour, salt and oil well.
2. Add water slowly and make chapati type dough.Now cover with a moslin cloth & keep it aside for half an hour.
3. Divide the dough into balls & spread each ball into thin circles .
4. Now Heat a pan/tawa over medium heat.Grease the pan with little oil, place one chapati and cook for few seconds on one side until it starts to puff up. Flip over to the other side and continue this process until both sides have golden brown spots.
5. Remove from pan .
6. In a small bowl take the egg , add salt & beat well .
7. Now add 1 tsp oil in the hot tawa/pan & pour the egg mixture .Place the paratha at the top of it & press it gently so that the egg spead all over the paratha evenly .Cook for 30 sec each sides .
Ingredients for assamble :-
1. 2 cucumber finely chopped .
2. 1 tomato finely chopped .
3. 1 medium size onion finely chopped .
4. 2 green chilli finely chopped .
5. Lemon juice .
6. Tomato sause .
7. Chilli Sauce .
1. Now take the paratha , add the tikkas & above ingrediants in the middle of the paratha and roll tightly from end to make the roll .
2. You can wrap a aluminium foil or the paper at the bottom of the roll to hold it .