Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Easy Breezy Chicken Curry
For last 3-4 days it was too much busy . So Cooking became a side part of my life . But on Saturday I made this easy chicken curry for our lunch . That was my birthday so we went for dinner with some of our close friends .
Though in my house we both like mutton most but due to the health consciousness we normally make chicken . It is very simple recipe to make but really delicious .
Now here is the recipe :-
1. 750 gms Chicken without skin & cut into pieces .
2. 1" piece of ginger
3. 5 pod garlic
4. 2 medium red onion
5. 1 tsp cumin seeds
6. Whole Garam Masala ( 1" cinnamon stick , 2 Bay leaf ,5 small cardamom )
7. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
8. salt to taste
9. 3 tsp Oil
10. 6 whole red chilli
11. 1/2c water
12. 1 tsp Sugar ( optional )
1. Clean the chicken pieces properly .
2. Now grind ginger , garlic & whole red chillies in a food processor till smooth .
3. In a pressure cooker add oil . When oil is become hot add sugar . wait till it caramelized . Keep an eye so that sugar don't burn .
4. Then add the whole cumin seeds & whole garam masala . When the masala crackle add onion & Saute until aromatic and onions gets soft.
5. Then add ginger-garlic-red chilli paste & turmeric powder , fry for 2 min .
6. Now add the chicken pieces . Fry in slow heat with occassional Stir to avoid from sticking to the bottom .
7. Once nice aroma start coming add water & salt , close the lid and wait till 4 whistle .
8. Now add the lentil mixture, reduce the heat to simmer, add salt close the lid and slow cook for 20 min.
9. Once the pressure release serve hot with some rice & fresh salad .
Thia is very easy recipe , whenever I don't have much time I make this dish . This is really a very tasty dish .