Sunday, June 7, 2009
A Dinner Invitation & Some Chinese Food ....
I love Chinese food & I think most of the people also love it . Couple of days back one of my friend came to our house . She have a 4 year old cute little baby girl . She loves chinese . She don't like to eat rice or dal or vegetables . She loves chinese . Her mom have to make chinese food every time she cooks . So when they came to our house for dinner I have to make sure that I cooked chinese food . At least one dish . So I made Gobi Manchurian . This is my husband's one of the favourite food also . So here is the recipe :-
1. 1 Medium size cauliflower .
2. 1" piece of ginger
3. 5 pod garlic
4. 1 medium red onion
5. 1-2 capsicum
6. 3-4 green chilles
7. 3 tsp tomato sauce
8. 3 tsp saya sauce
9. 3 tsp flour
10.3 tsp cornflour
11. 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
12. salt to taste
13. 1/2c water
14. 3 tsp Oil
15. 1 tsp aginamoto ( optional )
1. Cut the cauliflower into small size flourets .Cut the onion & capsicum in small size pieces .
2. Now grind ginger , garlic in a food processor till smooth .
3. In another pot mix flour ,cornflour, salt & red chilli powder . Add little water & make a smooth batter .
4. Now put the cauliflower pieces in the batter & coat properly .
5. In a heavy bottom vessel add oil . When oil become hot add the cauliflower pieces & fry them till brown . Remove from the oil & place them in a paper towel to sock the excess oil .
6. In that same oil add ginger-garlic paste , fry for 2 min .
7. Now add the onion & capsicum . Fry in slow heat with occassional Stir to avoid from sticking to the bottom . Add the tomatoes .
7. Once onion & capsicum start caramalise add tomato sauce & soya sauce . Fry for another 3-4 min . Add aginamoto & salt .
8. Now add 1/2 cup water & bring it to boil .
9. Once start boiling add the cauliflower pieces .When gravy become thick remove from heat & serve hot with some fried rice & fresh salad .
Note : If you feel the gravy is too watery , mix 1tsp cornflour in the gravy .The gravy will become thick .