Monday, June 22, 2009
Happy Father's Day & A Sweet Dish
I have seen now days we celebrate Valentine day , Mother's day , Woman's Day & so on .... But we don't celebrate Father's day with that much enthusiasm . I don't know why . But I think for every child their parents are very special . So I want to say everybody to celebrate Father's day with same motivation & love . Express your love towards your father . Not only this particular day , but also the whole life . & express them how special they are ( express also your mother , In laws & others ) .
So here is a sweet dish for this special occasion :-
1. 250 gm Semolina / Suzi .
2. 200 gm sugar
3. 2 1/2 cup milk
4. 4-5 tsp ghee
5. 1tsp cardamom powder
6. 3-4 saffron
7. 1 cup water ( optional , you can add milk instead of water )
8. Chopped nuts ( cashew nuts , almonds , pistachio )
1. In a heavy bottom pan add the ghee & semolina . Fry till it start becoming light brown in colour & your kitchen full with nice aroma .
2. Now add 2 cup milk , sugar & cardamom powder .
3. Let it boil & stair continuously .
4. Add some more milk if needed . Once it start leaving the sides of the pan add the saffron .
5. When it become thick remove from the heat & garnish with chopped nuts .
6. Let it cool & serve with some paratha or by itself .